Following the demise of my Novatech n1410, I have now taken delivery of a shiny (actually “shiny” is one thing it isn’t!) new Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 3. This is not a review of the X1 Carbon – there are plenty of those available already, but merely my experience of the first few days of ownership.
So why did I choose the X1 Carbon?
- Quality of construction and life expectancy;
- Ubuntu hardware certification;
- Screen resolution 2560×1440 – perfect for remote support;
- Keyboard and Trackpad quality – two of my dissatisfactions with the Novatech;
- Weight: at 1.3kg – it is much lighter than the Novatech and much of the competition.